Wednesday, September 25, 2013

When you can't tell if it's politics or satire

I don't know a lot about politics.  I don't pretend to know a lot about politics.  I try to read just enough to be a notch above "completely oblivious".

But it's kinda funny when you're reading an article and you can't tell if its serious or a joke.

Case in point: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/25/politics/shutdown-showdown/?hpt=hp_t1

No you don't need to read it, it goes on to talk about Senator Cruz (R, Texas) started speaking at 2:40pm on Tuesday, and is still speaking this Wednesday morning.  Somehow it's technically not a filibuster because blah blah blah...

The part I found confusing was this:

"He also read from the Dr. Seuss children's classic "Green Eggs and Ham" to his daughters as the night wore on."

Haha, I get it... green eggs and... wait... why am I the only one laughing... did he... he really?  What?

So maybe that is some "political lingo" for creating jobs or reaching across the aisle or _________ (insert political catch phrase here), but if so, it was lost on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment